Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Obama on Call Center Industry Offshore

"it's time to stop rewarding businesses that ship jobs overseas..." - OBAMA

Just watching Obama's presscon in Capitol Hill and to be honest with you...it scares me. Thousands of call center professionals would lose their jobs if this would happen. Foreign companies who put up call centers here in the Philippines would definitely be affected by this. If they move their companies back to the US and hire locals, what would happen to Filipino call center professionals. I can't and don't want to imagine. Call center industry has been my bread and butter for more than five years and I don't know if I would like to go a different way other than this. It pays well and it's the industry that provides food on our table. If this thing will happen and call center professionals would be out of their jobs, I doubt if the government could provide same amount of jobs to people as what the call center industry provides. I understand his dilemma but I also believe that those companies who invested here in the offshore are really helping not just millions of people worldwide but are also helping themselves survive. They are saving millions if not billions of dollars by getting cheap labor. Outsourcing jobs to cheaper providers abroad allowed American companies to stay globally cost competitive. I hope Obama can see not just the negative aspect of getting offshore jobs. My heart is heavy as I listen to his speech. God your will be done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh how I Love Comments! I tend to giggle like a school girl whenever a see a new comment posted - it's amazing how this simple kind gesture of yours will totally make my day! Thank you, thank you! I'll get back to you asap.